A. Administrative duties
• Develop new standards and SOP’s based on developments in Infection Control
• Work closely with Infection control nurses/managers/committees in establishing priorities and QA (quality assurance) best practices, through the establishment of standards, training, operational procedures and audits tools.
• Organizes and conducts central meetings with all Infection Control Managers/nurses.
• Provide guidance and leadership for hospital construction and renovation projects which involve to Infection Control from inception to completion stage of building.
• Work closely together with the Nursing Department in establishing and updating infection control practices and nursing standards.
• Distributes received updates on guidelines, government policies and such to the infection control committees group of hospitals.
• Advises Head of MAQ on budget requirements related to Infection Control.
• Takes a leadership role in monitoring infection control related incidences in the hospitals, and is involved in the subsequent Root Cause Analysis and corrective actions.
• Ensures all decisions and actions will take into account the interest, image and wellbeing of the Company and its entire staff.
B. Surveillance duties
• Monitors outbreaks of infectious diseases within the hospitals.
• Takes a leadership role for the organization when faced with infectious outbreaks and/or pandemics affecting staffs and patients in the hospitals.
• Monitors implementation of staff health policies.
• Lead the Internal Audit Team in matters pertaining to Infection Control, and assesses hospitals’ compliance with accreditation standards.
C. Clinical Practice duties
• Provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to the group of hospitals to ensure Infection Control guidelines and policies are in place.
• Ensure infection control policies and practices are in compliance with current legislative, accreditation standards and company standards.
• Reviews new infection control related equipment/devices and provides expert advice on the usage of such equipment/devices in the hospitals
• Monitor infection control risk assessments for construction and renovation projects; equipment inspection, and pest control in all hospitals.
• Determines Key Performance Indicators pertaining Infection Control for the Infection Control Managers in the individual hospitals, and monitors the outcomes. This includes Balance Score Card, Audit Risk Management Committee as well as Malaysian Patient Safety Goals.
D. Training and Education duties
• Keeps herself continuously updated by reading relevant literature on new developments in Infection Control and Quality Assurance. Attends relevant training and education programs.
• Review and advise on Infection Control staff education
• Identifies, coordinates, develops and conducts training needs related to Infection Control.
Minimum Education Level:
Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree
18-31, 18th Floor Aveue Crest, Jalan Jubli Perak, Seksyen 22, Batu 3 40150 Shah Alam Selangor, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
MIMS Career Sdn Bhd (1199876-U)
MIMS Career Sdn Bhd is a healthcare tailored recruitment company. (License no: 2998)
We help healthcare institution to find and hire the best qualified candidates.
We assist healthcare professionals to find the right position suitable for their requirements and skills.
MIMS Group established in 1963, is a leading healthcare media company providing tailored solutions to healthcare professionals and institutions.
It has presence in 13 countries and regions (Singapore, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Australia, New Zealand)
MIMS Group provides drug reference, medical events, disease treatment guidelines, medical newspaper, CME events, e-learning, online healthcare professionals community discussion forum and career portal.
Check our website for more information